The Organising Committee invites you to submit an abstract (written papers are not required) for the 2020 Road Infrastructure Management Forum. The committee is looking for papers which are topical and of interest to Forum attendees. The Forum will be showcasing ingenuity, with examples of leading best practice and thinking around adapting to current issues, innovating and managing better with what we have. This is a chance for you to share your experiences and knowledge with your peers and we encourage you to submit an abstract.
300 word maximum and must include three key points of learning’s and be submitted by Friday 18 October 2019. Instead of a focus on the production of papers the organising committee would like to emphasise the quality of the presentation required.
There are five options to choose from;
- 20 min presentation plus Q&A
- 12 min presentation plus Q&A
- Rapid Downloads (Table presentation). Each presenter will speak for 8 mins to one of 10 tables followed by table discussion. The presentation is repeated three times and not to be a ‘sales’ session.
NEW FOR 2020
- Under 35’s – 10 min presentation plus Q&A
- Poster presentation – Posters are displayed throughout conference providing an opportunity to showcase your work and discuss with delegates.
Submit by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your submission requires the following:
- Snappy title & mini overview (max 300 words)
- Topic – identify where your presentation would best fit
- Mini bio and photo (jpg)
- Presentation option (20 min / 12 min / 8 min table presentation)
- Referee – name / contact of someone who has heard you present Papers are NOT required; however, your PowerPoint presentation must be submitted three weeks prior to
Innovation Award will be made from the Forum presentations for three categories – Road Infrastructure Management; Optimised Decision Making & Utility Access to Transport Corridors – judged by panel. Best in Category will be judged by the attendees and new for 2020 are Awards for Under 35’s & Poster presentation.
If your abstract is accepted, it is a requirement that you register and pay to attend the forum. All presenters receive a discount of $75 off the published registration fee